Discover the life of a marine scientist and be exposed to some of Southern Africa’s most iconic marine species! Get involved in research, participate in eco-tourism activities and engage in community outreach. If you love the sea – then this programme is for you!
Anytime throughout the year (starting on Mondays)
Minimum of two weeks.
Volunteer certificate to add to your CV or university applications.
The following rates are all-inclusive for an immersive hands-on volunteer experience.
SO WHAT’S INCLUDED?
- Private transfer from Cape Town to Gansbaai
- Accommodation (shared cottages)
- Breakfast & lunch ingredients for self-catering
- Boat trips
- All other activities
- Marine conservation presentations & discussions
- Engagement with top researchers & scientists
- Shark-cage dive
- Y4C peak hat
- In-country support
Flights & airport transfers, dinners, extra excursions, accommodation before & after the programme, travel insurance, visas if required, expenses of a personal nature (snacks, local SIM card, etc)